This method is best if you want to have Mendeley autosync with your .bib file as you add or change records in your Mendeley library.
- Go to Mendeley Desktop preferences, select the BibTeX tab
- Select the box labeled “Enable BibTeX syncing” and select one of the options you prefer
- “CreateoneBibTeXfileformywholelibrary”generates one large .bibfile for your entire library
- “CreateoneBibTeXfilepergroup”generates one .bibfile for each folder you create in Mendeley Desktop.
- “CreateoneBibTeXfileperdocument”generates one .bibfile for each document in Mendeley Desktop.
- Select the location where you want the generated .bib files to be stored (should be the same location as your LaTeX file).